Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Heaven on a Plate

For dinner tonight, we made homemade shrimp Alfredo on spinach pasta. It was better than I remember it being. We also made some garlic bread to go with it.




Alfredo Sauce

1 pint of heavy whipping cream
1/2 stick of butter
1 cup of Parmesan cheese (grated)
2-3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
1 teaspoon salt

Over low/medium heat, pour the heavy whipping cream in a medium saucepan. Melt in the butter. Stir in the garlic and salt. Stir in the Parmesan cheese very slowly. You want to make sure the cheese melts and you get a smoother sauce.

We sauteed 1 lb of shrimp with a little butter, garlic,and salt on the stove (we are a garlic loving family). We also boiled some spinach pasta nests (though they never stay in the nest form cause we stir it up in the pot with a little of the sauce to keep it from sticking).

Next time we are going to try it with a block of Parmesan and grate it ourselves as opposed to using the plastic jar stuff from Publix. In the pictures, you can barely see the sauce which really doesn't do it justice.

This is a very rich meal but it is also VERY good (well worth it).


4 comments:

  1. i so can't wait to try this. i'm an alfredo addict.

    i need to get you the shrimp scampi recipe to try i think the two of you would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so yummy!! I made a tomato alfredo night before last and it was yummy!! I got it off of AllRecipes.com, but I tweaked it a little. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooooo yummy. I can't wait to try to make it myself. I hope it turns out as good as yours. Thanks for posting the recipie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds great, but if I ate it my arteries would be sooooo glogged!

    ReplyDelete