Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Come in!

Tonight I finished a project I had been meaning to start for about two months. I painted "Invitation" by Shel Silverstein on a rock from the creek in North Carolina and placed it next to the front door. It isn't fancy but it is what I have been wanting.




It reads:

Invitation

if you are a dreamer, come in
it you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar
a hope-er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer...
if you're a pretender , come sit by my fire
for we have some flax-golden tales to spin
come in!
come in!

And Because I thought it needed some color, I added a heart with our initials on it. Cheesy but Sentimental.


(after looking at these pictures, I realize the outside of my house needs to be power washed)

5 comments:

  1. this turned out good. i like that poem but i'm also a huge shel silverstein fan!

    the little rocks are the perfect accents for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out great. And your handwriting looks great on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like your napkin rings and your rock is great

    ReplyDelete