Monday, March 2, 2009

Carrot Cake

Matt and I decided to make a carrot cake last night from scratch. Last time we made this cake, we dyed some of the frosting orange and green and went a little overboard piping tiny carrots all over the top of it.

This time we decided to keep it classy.

Here is a shot of it before we fully iced it.





Normally the cakes I am used to only have two layers. Having that extra layer made it seem so fancy!

Now, here is the cake in all her glory.






Carrot Cake

2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 teasp cinnamon
1 teasp salt
4 eggs
1 ½ cup veg oil
3 cups grated carrots
1 ½ cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl combine: flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add eggs and veg oil and mix well. Add carrots and walnuts and mix well. Pour into three 9 inch greased and floured pans. Bake for 40 minutes.


Cream Cheese Icing

1 stick of softened butter
10 oz of softened cream cheese
16 oz bag of powdered sugar
1 teasp vanilla

Mix together until smooth for icing.

That is it! Simple as pie...err....cake! The thing that took the most work was grating the carrot. I only have a hand held grater so it took a little muscle. I would definitely recommend using a box grater. I would image it would seriously cut down the effort.



4 comments:

  1. if I make and eat all your recipes I would be 200 lbs. They really look good though

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so yummy!!! Did you see I posted my Raspberry Tart recipe for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie - YES! i am excited to try it. i have it printed out but now i am just waiting to get off my butt to do it! :)

    ReplyDelete