Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A little bit of sillyness

Of course Libby and I had to stop by the Salvation Army last Saturday as well. They had a lot of new stuff in and their prices were higher than I thought they should be on some items.




Cheery orange butterfly whistling tea kettle - $1.69





Half apron with side pocket - $2.99
(please excuse the half naked, half limbed mannequin. i didn't want to pose in the picture myself and didn't feel like getting her dressed. she has been stuffed under a shelf for so long and won't be displayed until i move into the new craft room. i pulled her out just for this shot.)





Bellows - $5.00

Of course the most expensive item is also my most frivolous item. I have an ever growing supply of fireplace paraphernalia now that this new house has a fireplace/wood stove. I can definitely start a fire, and keep a fire going, without a bellows but it wouldn't be nearly as much fun. Of course we won't be using it much now that we have warmer weather, but it is there to use in the future.

4 comments:

  1. I could have made you an apron!! :) I thought about trying to make some cloth napkins and thought of you with all your nifty napkin rings. :) Basically they are squares of cloth with the edges hemmed. You always find the coolest stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man you should leave that mannequin out all the time (or at least send her, it?, to me. She is hot. I dig the chicks without arms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice finds. Your video had me cracking up! I like all those shelves in that room. Is that part of your house or your own shelves?

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a huge wall of shelves that is part of the house. i will try and get a shot of my books (in order by color) to show you.

    ReplyDelete