Friday, July 17, 2009

Happy (Belated) Birthday Post America

Please be forewarned. This is an extremely late posting of my 4th of July. This is also going to be an extremely long, picture heavy post. Normally each year we head to the Gainesville Band Stand to listen to the music, have a picnic, and watch fireworks at night. Due to Gainesville not having enough funds to host their annual fireworks event, everyone decided to head to Williston this year.

The event kicked off with a parade on the main street. Unfortunately, I didn't get any photos of it. It was a lot of fun, but it was too hot in my opinion. I had worn pants because earlier in the day it had rained (with a high chance of rain that night) and I didn't want to be wet and cold. Next year I am going with a breathable cotton dress no matter what.

I had packed a fancy picnic (with heart shaped sandwiches, chilled sparkling grape juice, wine glasses, and cloth napkins) and we had a cooler full of cold drinks as well. Unfortunately after lugging everything up to the front gate of the park we were told coolers and picnic baskets were not allowed on the premises. The tricky little devils wanted you to buy the food on the inside instead. Well, turns out we can be just as sneaky. We stored everything in the car and then snuck things in one by one. How can you not have a picnic on the 4th of July? It's un-American.

P.S. - To view the whole picture larger, you must click on it.



Mom amidst the bubbles



Mom & Skip



Emily blowing bubbles
(Photo by Becky)



Nana sitting pretty



This picture of Sarah is the epitome of relaxation



Me at the celebration
(Photo by Becky)



Becky and I
(Photo by Becky)



Emily smiling her beautiful smile

Also, I made her do as many of the asian poses as I could remember...



V Sign



Hey Pose



Mix between tears and Nyan Nyan






Mom blowing a bubble


Dr. Evil



Emily



Emily taking a picture of me while I took a picture of her



Beautiful Emily



Becky and I



Funnel Cake...Yummmm
(Photo by Becky)




Skip and Mom dancing to "Purple Rain"
(Thanks to Becky for taking this picture while I was with Emily getting cotton candy)



Skip on the phone



Emily



Mom



Sarah



Emily



Me & Emily



and again...



and again...



Becky, Me, and Emily



After putting our heads together, we finally figured it out



Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil, See No Evil



Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil, See No Evil

and then Just Plain Evil



Emily's Broken Glasses



The Continuance of Emily's Broken Glasses



Mom's blurry funny face



Skip's funny face



Nana's funny face



Sarah's funny face part I



Sarah's funny face part II



Becky's funny face



Emily's funny face

It was such a nice afternoon. I am torn on which venue I like better: Gainesville or Williston. Because I am a libra, I have decided to create a list

Pro Gainesville
  1. Allows Picnics & coolers, Williston doesn't.
  2. Better bands, Gainesville had awful karaoke with one band playing briefly and songs that were mediocre
  3. It is local

Pro Williston
  1. Has more vendors and games, Gainesville has just the basics
  2. WAY BETTER fireworks, they were longer and better overall. I kept putting my camera on to record because I kept thinking they were playing the finale but they weren't. Also, they didn't seem to be shooting way off in the distance like Gainesville.
  3. There is a parade as well (and you know how I love my parades) that throws out a heck of a lot of candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment