Thursday, July 30, 2009

Yogurt Blackberry Parfait



Lately I have been on the hunt for some healthy snacks to eat. I used to eat the Fruit and Yogurt Parfait at McDonalds, but the last time I ate there I was turned off by the frozen fruit which eventually turned to mush when it thawed. I figured I could just as easily make it myself with some other tasty fruits.

All you need is some low fat vanilla yogurt, fresh fruit of your choice, and some low fat granola to top it all off. I could only do one layer as I had to use a wine glass because I don't have any fluted glasses. Next time I am going to mix some strawberries in there as well.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must try mandarin oranges with your yogurt and granola. A friend of mine served me fruit with yogurt and granola when I visited her home this summer and it has become an all time favorite snack for me. What a quick, pretty, and easy dessert for company as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip. I have some clementines that I am dying to try with this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love yogurt parfaits! They are my favorite snack! I've never had them with blackberries though so I will have to give that a try!

    ReplyDelete